Wednesday, May 4, 2011

This is how our garden grows

It is time to show you what has sprouted, since planting on Earth Day. It is so great to watch these little plants grow and know that one day in the near future, they will (hopefully) supply nourishment to my family...Eeeeekk!

We have planted cucumbers, beans, peas, spinach, zucchini, tomatoes...I think that's it but I may have forgotten something...LOL! I am planning to start my broccoli tomorrow and Miss Z will be planting her own little garden of flowers. First on her agenda is sunflowers! She is most excited about her own little garden.
I intended to have more pictures that this, but my camera batteries just died :(
Now keep in mind, I have no real clue as to what I am doing. Well, I wouldn't really say no clue at all, but this is all a learning experience for me, as well as Miss Z. I have learned that I have already made several mistakes and the biggest one was with the spinach. I think I over heated it and it just wilted over and was flat to the soil. I am now going to plant some spinach outdoors, in a large container. I really hope I will actually have an in ground garden and not have to plant all in containers. I will plant in containers if I have to though!

No comments: