Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Homemade Summer Wardrobe: 10lb Ruffle Dress


Ok, it isn't really 10lbs (I am sure you knew that though...LOL), it is just SUPER heavy! All I really did for this dress, was add 5 inches of material to the bottom of a shirt and added ruffles. I make it sound like it was super easy but I had a lot of issues with the ruffles and had redo some of them, more than once. Actually, it was more of an issue with the thread breaking. I think I will use a sturdier thread, next time I make ruffles for anything.

I am amazed at how heavy it seems and wasn't sure if it was going to be comfortable for Ya ya, but she seems to really like it. The material used for the bottom part was old t shirts that I had in my drawer but never wore them.

Though it was a wee bit aggravating, it was relatively easy and turned out cute.

2 comments:

The Youngs!!! said...

Awsome!!! That looks sooo cute.... It seems like it nees to be a bit heavey to kinda pull the shirt down, like a dress???? But either way it looks great, cnat wait to see more!
xoxo

Mama A said...

Thank you! it actually comes down just to her knees, even without the weight. I added material and tried it on, before adding the ruffles. I think the weight does help though, especially in holding it down.