Monday, December 21, 2009

Wingin' it, Waldorf Style!

I have been crafting up a storm for Christmas this year and was looking for a nice doll to make for Ya-ya, when I came across the Waldorf Dolls. These are the cutest little dolls, EVER! I really like the way they look and really want to make one for Ya-ya, but I don't shop online and can't really afford to pay for the patterns :( I was browsing some of the sites, belonging to people who have made Waldorf dolls and got an idea...I bet I could wing it if I tried hard enough! Not that I have a fat head or anything, but I do have a knack for making things from pictures, without a pattern.

So, I began the process of figuring out how to make a Waldorf style doll, using the small tutorials online as well as my own ideas. I haven't gotten too far yet, but I have started!! I would like to share with you, what I have so far.

Here is my take on the Waldorf doll...The head is all I have so far:

Now remember, I am working with no patter and I have no real clue as to how this is "supposed" to be done...LOL! I really hope it turns out!

Keep your eye open for more updates on this one as I will be posting more soon! Well, I am off to work this doll :)

1 comment:

The Youngs!!! said...

oh this looks great.. I think i will wait for you to master this and make a boy one for cole..lol im not that good.. Cant wait to see the finish doll... Yeah for you!