Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Woo hoo for Homeade Deodorant

There is something very liberating and satisfying about making your own care products. Knowing that you aren't lining the pockets of big company (that doesn't care about it's customers) and that you aren't coating your body with toxins! I really like knowing what the ingredients are and the fact that I can pronounce them.

So, I made myself some lovely deodorant today and I really like how easy it was to make. It took no time at all. I decided to go with the "Coconut Oil Killed My Stink" recipe. Such a funny title :) This was a very easy to follow tutorial and though I used this recipe, I opted to not add any essential oils, this time around. I wanted something plain and basic, to start off. I will admit, it was really hard to convince myself to not drink the melted coconut oil...LOL. It just smells soooooooo good! The tin that I recycled, is a perfect fit!


Anywho, I didn't get any pictures of the process, even though I said I would. I just forgot to get a battery charger, and I was too impatient to wait. I will take a picture or two the next batch. I know there is no need for at least a few months, to make any more but I think having more than one scent to choose from everyday would be nice. I think I will add the tea tree oil and something else, the next time around. Now, if I can just get Macho Man to embrace the homemade godness of this deoderant!

No comments: