Monday, April 25, 2011

Reuse, Reduce, Recycle, Re-purpose: Retro Sheets...Again!

Keeping this "reuse, reduce, recycle, re-purpose" segment going, here is the latest!

This is a kite I made, using the sheets you saw turned in to a skirt. There is so much of it to go around, I am still trying to find different ways to use them up. I did make an apron top to go with the skirt, but it is in the wash, so I posted this project first.

I made this kite after doing a bit of research online, to figure out how to make a kite with fabric. Of course, I ended up just winging it. There has been no real wind for flying and now it is raining like crazy, so we'll have to wait to see if it can actually fly. I really hope it does but if not, this one will be hung in Miss Z's room as decor and it will be back to the drawing board for me. We'll see, I guess...please fly, please fly, please fly...

No comments: