Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Some Rescue Animals, I Rescue Pants

Yes, you read that right! I rescued a pair of pants today, from an unnecessary trip to a landfill. A lady in my building offered a pair of pants to Macho Man and unfortunately, they were not a fit for him so I told her she should donate them and someone else would make use of them (they were practically brand new). It seemed as though donating would be too big of a chore because she looked at me a bit odd and said that they would simply be put in the trash...GASP! How could I let those perfectly good jeans end up in the garbage, when someone could get good use of them? Why would I let them go to the landfill to lay for who knows how long? Just crazy talk I tells ya...LOL :) I put my hand out said that we would gladly take them and find someone who would fit in to them or donate them if not.

I know that maybe donating items can be a chore, as the items sometimes sit for a long time before you can make it to the drop off, but it really isn't that big of a chore. I am a serious procrastinator and I know very well how long things can sit, waiting to be donated and how much space things can take up. It may seem like a lot of hassle, but it is really worth it! Someone will get use of the items you no longer need and you can save things from ending up in our landfills. Sometimes, you don't even have to make it to a drop off, there are places that will come and pick up your unwanted items for free...FREE! It doesn't get easier than that. I mean, if you are going to bag it all up and toss it to the curb on garbage day, then why not bag it up and have someone come pick it up to make use of these items that still have a lot of life left in them?

Come on guys, let's help the Earth out by passing on good clothing and other gently used items and not throw them in the trash. You won't just be helping the planet, but maybe someone else who really needs it ;)

1 comment:

The Youngs!!! said...

Love this!!!! Had to laugh at the title, can I do both... animals and items..hehehe.. xoxoox